Welcome to NASSPDA!
The North American Same-Sex Partner Dance Association (NASSPDA) is a membership organization committed to the promotion and expansion of social and competitive same-sex partner dancing, which includes Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Country Western, and other partner dances, as well as different styles within those terms, such as International and American Style. NASSPDA acknowledges and celebrates its origins in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community.
NASSPDA's goals are:
- Establish and continue to improve consistent definitions, guidelines and standards for same-sex partner dance competitions in North America, with an initial emphasis on those dances featured at the Gay Games and Outgames.
- Support functions and venues for social same-sex partner dancing.
- Be a resource for same-sex partner dancers.
- Aim to raise the level of same-sex partner dancing.
- Coordinate and liaison with dance organizations and sponsors of dance competitions.
- Encourage the inclusion of dancers from diverse backgrounds with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, age, [dis]ability, gender identity and/or expression.
- Function with a high degree of operational accountability and transparency.
- Operate according to the rules and principles of a not-for-profit organization.
NASSPDA's 2015 Annual Meeting
NASSPDA's 2015 annual meeting will be held this year in conjunction with April Follies which is also hosting the 2015 North American Same-Sex Championships. All interested parties are invited to attend--you do not need to be member. We want to hear from all of you! The meeting will be held Sunday, April 26, 10:30-11:30 AM. Location information will be posted at aprilfollies.com under "Event Info". This is YOUR chance to tell YOUR organization what you'd like it to be doing for you. Come meet your NASSPDA Board members and help guide your community!