|SEPTEMBER 26TH 2016||NEXT|
NASSPDA 2017 Scholarships--Apply Now!
NASSPDA announces the availability of up to 6 scholarships for competitors in the 2017 North American Championships to be held January 14, 2017, at Floorplay in the Desert. Applications are due by November 15, 2016. Go to "About Us" and scroll down to "Miscellaneous" to find the 2017 Scholarship Application Form. MORE >>
Board Elections 2016
2016 NASSPDA Election Results: Congratulations are in order to the newly elected Directors of the Board of NASSPDA! And many thanks to all who voted! The members of the Board of Directors are: Eddie Alba, California o Lee Fox, Florida (Treasurer) o Garret Gerritsen, California o Pat Hogan, Vancouver (Vice-President) o Daphna Locker, New York (Secretary) o Kalin Mitov, Massachusetts o Andrew Pueschel, Ohio o Benjamin Soencksen, New York (President) o Barbara Zoloth, California MORE >>
Welcome to NASSPDA!
The North American Same-Sex Partner Dance Association (NASSPDA) is a membership organization committed to the promotion and expansion of social and competitive same-sex partner dancing, which includes Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Country Western, and other partner dances, as well as different styles within those terms, such as International and American Style. NASSPDA acknowledges and celebrates its origins in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community.
NASSPDA's goals are:
- Establish and continue to improve consistent definitions, guidelines and standards for same-sex partner dance competitions in North America, with an initial emphasis on those dances featured at the Gay Games and Outgames.
- Support functions and venues for social same-sex partner dancing.
- Be a resource for same-sex partner dancers.
- Aim to raise the level of same-sex partner dancing.
- Coordinate and liaison with dance organizations and sponsors of dance competitions.
- Encourage the inclusion of dancers from diverse backgrounds with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, age, [dis]ability, gender identity and/or expression.
- Function with a high degree of operational accountability and transparency.
- Operate according to the rules and principles of a not-for-profit organization.