|NOVEMBER 30TH 2015||NEXT|
Board Elections 2016
Board elections will be coming up again in early 2016. Each Director of the NASSPDA Board serves a term of two years, and each year half of the Board members\' terms expire. The Board currently has 9 members, and 4 of these seats will be up for election. The Election will take place in March 2016, and every active NASSPDA member will be sent an electronic link to the ballot. (People who have registered to vote via snail-mail will be sent a paper ballot.) Ballots will include statements by the candidates as well as their photos. Consider throwing your hat in the ring or nominating someone to join the Board of this exciting and active organization. Join us to help our community grow and prosper. Nomination requests will be sent out at the beginning of 2016. MORE >>
Welcome to NASSPDA!
The North American Same-Sex Partner Dance Association (NASSPDA) is a membership organization committed to the promotion and expansion of social and competitive same-sex partner dancing, which includes Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Country Western, and other partner dances, as well as different styles within those terms, such as International and American Style. NASSPDA acknowledges and celebrates its origins in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community.
NASSPDA's goals are:
- Establish and continue to improve consistent definitions, guidelines and standards for same-sex partner dance competitions in North America, with an initial emphasis on those dances featured at the Gay Games and Outgames.
- Support functions and venues for social same-sex partner dancing.
- Be a resource for same-sex partner dancers.
- Aim to raise the level of same-sex partner dancing.
- Coordinate and liaison with dance organizations and sponsors of dance competitions.
- Encourage the inclusion of dancers from diverse backgrounds with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, age, [dis]ability, gender identity and/or expression.
- Function with a high degree of operational accountability and transparency.
- Operate according to the rules and principles of a not-for-profit organization.
NASSPDA 2016 Annual Meeting
NASSPDA's 2016 annual meeting will be held at the North American Outgames May 27-June 4, 2016, in St. Louis, which will host the 2016 North American Championships. All interested parties are invited to attend--you do not need to be member. We want to hear from all of you! This is YOUR chance to tell YOUR organization what you'd like it to be doing for you. Come meet your NASSPDA Board members and help guide your community! MORE >>