|MAY 26TH 2016||NEXT|
NEWS FLASH: Change of events for the 2016 North American & USA Championships
The 4th North America Outgames to be held in St. Louis from May 28th through June 4th, 2016, with the Dancesport Event to be held on June 2nd and June 3rd, has been cancelled. No statement has been made as to the reasons for this cancellation. NASSPDA had awarded the Dancesport event at the 2016 North America Outgames with hosting the NASSPDA’s North American Championships, which also meant that NASSPDA would have its Annual Membership Meeting in conjunction with this event, in accordance to NASSPDA’s By-Laws. The Board immediately considered its other options and decided to award the “Glitz & Glitter Ball,” held in Columbus, OH, on July 23rd, 2016, the North American Championships, which had also been awarded to host NASSPDA’s USA Championships, handing those championships now over to “April Follies,” held in Oakland, CA, on April 23rd, 2016. MORE >>
Board Elections 2016
Board elections will be coming up again in early 2016. Each Director of the NASSPDA Board serves a term of two years, and each year half of the Board members\' terms expire. The Board currently has 9 members, and 4 of these seats will be up for election. The Election will take place in March 2016, and every active NASSPDA member will be sent an electronic link to the ballot. (People who have registered to vote via snail-mail will be sent a paper ballot.) Ballots will include statements by the candidates as well as their photos. Consider throwing your hat in the ring or nominating someone to join the Board of this exciting and active organization. Join us to help our community grow and prosper. Nomination requests will be sent out at the beginning of 2016. MORE >>
Welcome to NASSPDA!
The North American Same-Sex Partner Dance Association (NASSPDA) is a membership organization committed to the promotion and expansion of social and competitive same-sex partner dancing, which includes Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Country Western, and other partner dances, as well as different styles within those terms, such as International and American Style. NASSPDA acknowledges and celebrates its origins in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community.
NASSPDA's goals are:
- Establish and continue to improve consistent definitions, guidelines and standards for same-sex partner dance competitions in North America, with an initial emphasis on those dances featured at the Gay Games and Outgames.
- Support functions and venues for social same-sex partner dancing.
- Be a resource for same-sex partner dancers.
- Aim to raise the level of same-sex partner dancing.
- Coordinate and liaison with dance organizations and sponsors of dance competitions.
- Encourage the inclusion of dancers from diverse backgrounds with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, age, [dis]ability, gender identity and/or expression.
- Function with a high degree of operational accountability and transparency.
- Operate according to the rules and principles of a not-for-profit organization.